Novelty - Slider Setup
Home Page Slider Setup
This theme uses the Soliloquy Lite plugin, which can be obtained here or by searching in Dashboard>Plugins>Add New.
You do not need to upgrade to the Pro version of this plugin to use it as shown in our demo. However, you are more than welcome to purchase it if you’d like access to more of it’s features.
Install and activate the plugin.
Give your new slider a name of Home Slider <—very important/
Click the Config tab and use the settings from the screenshot below.
4. Once configured, you can add your images under the Images tab.
5. Lastly, you’ll add a Text Widget to the Home Slider Overlay widget area if you’d like to have text over your slider.
- This Slider does not have to include multiple images. You can use several images or just a static image.
- You can choose to add the text overlay widget or not. This is completely up to you.
- If for some reason you aren’t seeing the slider on your home page at this point, it’s because the name of the slider wasn’t set properly to Home Slider. Navigate to Soliloquy>Soliloquy and choose the new slider you created. Click the Misc tab and make sure your settings look like the following
Blog Page Slider Setup
The Genesis Responsive Slider Plugin can be obtained here or by searching in Dashboard>Plugins>Add New.
Install and activate the plugin
Configure the slider settings (Dashboard>Genesis>Slider Settings) as shown in the screenshot below.
Visit Dashboard>Appearance>Widgets and drag a Genesis- Responsive Slider widget to the Above Blog Slider widget area.