Tidy - Setup Instructions
Below are all the tutorials on getting your new Tidy theme set up to appear like our demo. Here is a link as well to our demo that you can view for reference as you’re setting up your new theme!
Plugins needed before you get started!
- Genesis Enews Extended– This is used for the subscribe/newsletter areas.
- Genesis Responsive Slider– This is used for the slider on the home page.
- Simple Social Icons– This is used for the social media icons in the sidebar.
- Regenerate Thumbnails– This is used to recrop your images if all your images are oddly sized.
- Widget Importer & Exporter– This is used to import all the widgets from the demo and helps with setting up the theme for the first time.
How do I set up my home page widgets?
The home page of the Tidy theme is comprised of 6 different widget areas.
- Home- Featured (slider)
- Home- Welcome
- Home- Middle Left
- Home- Middle Right
- Home- Call to Action
- Home- Bottom
Here are screenshots of all the settings from the Tidy demo:
Home- Featured & Home- Welcome
Home- Middle Left & Home- Middle Right
Home- Call to Action
How do I set up my social media icons?
This theme uses the Simple Social Icons Plugin, which can be obtained here or by searching in Dashboard>Plugins>Add New.
In your Widgets menu, drag the widget labeled “Simple Social Icons” into a widgetized Area.
– The demo displays them in the Primary Sidebar & Home- Welcome widget areas.
Configure the widget by choosing a title, icon size and color, and the URLs to your various social profiles.
* See color HEX codes below to coordinate colors to match.
How do I set up the Slider?
This theme uses the Genesis Responsive Slider plugin, which can be obtained here or by searching in Dashboard>Plugins>Add New.
- Install and activate the plugin
- Configure the slider settings (Dashboard>Genesis>Slider Settings) as shown in the screenshot below.
- Visit Dashboard>Appearance>Widgets and drag a Genesis- Responsive Slider widget to the Home – Featured area.
How do I set up the 6 footer widgets?
You will add a Genesis- Featured Posts widget configured as below to each Footer area. You can simply change your category for each widget.
How do I upload my own logo?
Navigate to Appearance>Header. Select the browse button and upload your logo.
For best results, your logo should be sized at 300px wide by 120px high before you upload.
How do I upload my own background?
Navigate to Appearance>Background. Select the browse button and upload your background.
How do I change the color scheme?
Go to Dashboard>Genesis>Theme Settings and select the color you want from the dropdown menu under the Color Style section.
Here are the color options available for the Tidy theme:
- Tidy Pink: #F27084
- Tidy Blue: #19BDC4
- Tidy Peach: #FE8A7B
- Tidy Navy: #192E5B
- Tidy Purple: #AE70AF
- Tidy Black: #000000