Jade Pro - Setup Instructions
Below are all the tutorials on getting your new Jade Pro theme set up to appear like our demo. Here is a link as well to our demo that you can view for reference as you’re setting up your new theme!
Plugins needed before you get started!
- Genesis Enews Extended– This is used for the subscribe/newsletter areas.
- Simple Social Icons– This is used for the social media icons in the Home Middle Right & Primary Sidebar areas.
- Jetpack for WordPress.com– This is used for the social media sharing at the bottom of blog posts.
- Simply Instagram– This is used on the footer to display your instagram feed.
- Regenerate Thumbnails– This is used to recrop your images if all your images are oddly sized.
How do I set up my navigation menu?
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and create your Custom Menu.
- Select the items you wish to add to your menu, and click “Add to Menu”. You can simply drag and drop the items into the order you wish them to appear.
- Assign the navigation to your Primary navigation. In our demo we also have our Primary Navigation set as the Secondary navigation so it drops down upon scrolling.
How do I set up the social media icons?
This theme uses the Simple Social Icons Plugin, which can be obtained here or by searching in Dashboard>Plugins>Add New.
In your Widgets menu, drag the widget labeled “Simple Social Icons” into a widgetized Area.
– The demo displays them in the Header Right & Primary Sidebar widget areas.
Configure the widget by choosing a title, icon size and color, and the URLs to your various social profiles.
Here is a screenshot of the settings used in the Jade Pro demo:
How do I set up the slider?
This theme uses the Genesis Responsive Slider Plugin, which can be obtained here or by searching in Dashboard>Plugins>Add New.
1. Install and activate the plugin
2. Configure the slider settings (Dashboard>Genesis>Slider Settings) as shown in the screenshot below.
3. Visit Dashboard>Appearance>Widgets and drag a Genesis-Slider widget to the Home – Top area.
How do I set up the social sharing links at the bottom of each post?
This theme uses the Jetpack plugin, which can be obtained here or by searching in Dashboard>Plugins>Add New.
Once installed and activated, you will need to sync this with your WordPress.com account. If you don’t have an account there, you’ll just need to create a free account.
You’ll then navigate to Jetpack>Sharing>Configure and set your configuration to match the screenshot below.
How do I set up the home page widgets?
The home page is comprised of 4 widget areas:
- Home- Top (slider)
- Home- Middle Left
- Home- Middle Right
- Home- Bottom
Here is an overview of ALL the widgets and where everything goes:
Home Middle Left & Home Middle Right
Both widgets will be configured the exact same, just select a different category for each.
How do I upload my own logo?
Navigation to Appearance>Header. Select the browse button and upload your logo.
For best results, your logo should be sized at 360px wide by 150px high before you upload.
How do I change the color scheme?
Go to Dashboard>Genesis>Theme Settings and select the color you want from the dropdown menu.